A big thank you to everyone who came out on a cold night to our third public meeting, where we updated villagers on our progress, shared the benefits a shop would bring and what we have achieved so far. We also debated some brilliant new ideas to try out in the coming weeks and shared our exciting plans for a big push on fundraising this year.
If you missed it, here are the highlights (and scroll to the bottom and you can look at the presentation):
- To buy the Old Band Hall venue in Silver Street we need £80,000. We have raised £20,000 so we are a quarter of the way there and we are gaining momentum. This is a GREAT achievement by everyone who has been involved so far. Thank you to everyone who has already donated.
- Once we buy the building we still need to fundraise BUT we can then unlock gifts in kind of about £20,000, thanks to offers of help from local businesses (for e.g. we have offers to lay the flooring, provide IT etc).
- Once we have the building we can open at least a pop-up shop within a few weeks.
- Community shops are highly successful, we have the evidence and we are confident we can make it work – check out our business plan and slides from last night’s presentation on the website if you are not yet convinced.
- We watched a preview of our promotional video
- If you are already convinced and want to help us raise a further £60,000 to buy the Old Band Hall you can:
- Buy shares – each share is £10 – and you can download an application form from the website
- Make a donation – you can do so via the PayPal button on the Home page
- Support our fundraising events – next suggested events pop up shop and safari supper, dates to be confirmed
- Organise a fundraiser in aid of the shop
- Volunteer a few hours a week or month to help with grant applications, leafleting, putting up posters, organising fundraising … ANYTHING that would help spread the workload and speed up the campaign.
If you are not convinced, we will try harder. Minety Community Shop is happening. Tell us what you think would make a difference – we would love to hear from you.